If you have written a book, a book that you would want to do a lot more than just read. By this, we mean that a sort of book that you can:
To that end, you need to make sure that the world knows that the book only belongs to you and your book is not infringed upon. Therefore, you need to copyright this artistic creation.
Copyright refers to the intellectual property right given to the creations that are created with an artistic intent. To that end, you can think of the book as your creation that you need to protect. While a copyright is established after the creation comes into existence, you still need registration in order to reinforce this right.
Process of copyrighting a book
- Before you take your book for copyright registration, you will need to gather the following documents:
- A no objection certificate from the author of the book.
- A no objection certificate from the publisher of the book
- And 2 copies of the book.
These documents required for book copyright are necessary to initiate the process.
- After the gathering of these documents, you need to make file an online or offline application for copyright registration. The form of that you have to file for copyright registration is Form XIV.
- Download this form of fill this form online. Once you are doing that, you are going to have to fill the following g details:
- Name of the author
- Name of the claimant.
- Name of the creation. You will also be prompted to upload your book in PDF format.
- Date that the creation was complete.
- Earliest publication (if any).
- Your bank account details (in order to deposit the prescribed for copyright registration)
- Your personal information.
- Sign the certification at the end of the application. You are declaring that you are infact the claimant of the copyright and all the information that you have provided at this point is true.
- If you are online, then you will be prompted to upload a scanned copy of your signature.
- After you press submit, you will be directed to a payment gateway.
- Enter your credentials and your application will be submitted in addition to payment deduction.
Now, once you have submitted the application, it will be scrutinized for a month to see if there are any opposition from the third party. Once it is has survived this scrutiny, the examiner is going to check for any issues with the application. If everything goes well, you will get your hands on book copyright registration within the next month.
As you can see, the process is a rather long one. To that end, it is necessary that you avail the assistance of experts to file and submit the application. We can assist you with that.