What is FCRA Registration in India?
FCRA Registration in India
Sometimes taxes tend to deter a lot of foreign national to apply for donations. To that end, you need to provide them with some incentives, and assuring them that their donations would be completely provided to you and not most of that is directed towards the taxes. For this very reason, the FCRA registration comes into picture.
The purpose of FCRA is to regulate the foreign money and foreign hospitality to various NGOs. This form of registration is a necessity if you are opting to get money from foreign institutes and foreign nationals. The FCRA regulates the fact that the domestic political scenario is not affected by the foreign donations.
Eligibility Criteria for FCRA Registration in India
Following are the eligibility criteria for FCRA Registration:
- The NGO’s income and assets should be exclusively dedicated towards charity.
- Proper books for the NGOs should be maintained.
- The NGO should not have been formed to benefit a particular community, religion or a caste.
- The core objective of that NGO should be for charitable purposes. Furthermore, the entire income should be from the donations themselves.
- The Ngo should have been in operation for about 3 years before opting for FCRA registration.
Documents Required for FCRA Registration in India
The documents required for FCRA are following:
- A copy of the PAN card of the NGO
- Certified copy of the trust Deed/ MOU
- Balanced sheet of the past 3 years. The balanced sheets should be audited.
- Details pertaining to the current and past management of the trust.
- Copy of resolutions that is passed by the governing body of the NGO.
- Undertaking copy that is signed by the chief functionary of the NGO.
- 80G and 12A certificates that are issues by the governmental authorities.
Process of obtaining the FCRA Registration in India
- Gather the documents
- Draft the FCRA application
- Submit the application
- Obtaining the registration
Our Assistance to get the FCRA Registration in India
Registrationwala can assist you with the registration by providing you the following services:
1. Document drafting
2. Application filing
3. Processing the application
4. Completing the registration
Therefore, get in touch with us if you want the FCRA Registration in minimum time and at minimum FCRA Registration fees.