Trademark registration, just like all the legal licenses in India, has an expiry. Once your trademark registration expires, you lose every protection that you once head, you lose the right to use the trademark as your own and, you lose an important monetary asset.
Therefore, before your trademark expires, you should ready yourself with documents required for trademark renewal. This blog is going to teach you the documents required for the process.
Process of trademark renewal
Before we dive into the trademark renewal documents, let’s first have a brief discussion about trademark renewal process. The steps involved are the following:
- Fill the application of trademark renewal using TM-R.
- File the application either yourself or take the help of a trademark agent.
- Submit the trademark application online along with the documents required.
- Keep an eye on the status of trademark application.
- Once the status says that the trademark is posted in the gazette, it means that your trademark is renewed.
Documents required for trademark registration
Following are the documents required for trademark renewal:
- The TMR application: It’s the trademark renewal application. It’s the major component of your trademark application process.
- The digital signature: Trademark renewal is an online process and therefore, requires the aid of the trademark agents, who interact with the application through their digital signatures.
Trademark renewal is an important process to increase the life of your trademark. Contact our experts to get trademark renewal online India.