One of the most nuanced parts of and OSP center is that some of the agents if they choose to do so, can provide services as an extended agent. What is an extended agent? An extended agent is an OSP professional that has been associated with the OSP but still does not work on location, they work from home. However, in order to avail the “Work From Home” facility, an agreement has to made and signed on by respective parties. Through this blog, we are going to look into the format associated with this facility.
A format for the Work from Home Facility
Remember that whatever is written inside the section /* and*/ are not the actual part of the format. They are there to guide you to understand the format of the Sections.
“Work From Home” Facility
THIS AGREEMENT is made on the … day of ….. (month) ……. (year) by and between the President of India acting through Shri ………..................... Director/ADG, TERM Cell (...............), Department of Telecommunications (DoT), Government of India, .............................. ...................................................... (Office address) (hereinafter called the ‘Authority’ which expression shall unless repugnant to the context, include its successors and assigns) of the FIRST PARTY.
/*This agreement is formed between the DOT and the Applicant. And the above and below paragraph state the details of both*/
M/s. ………………………., a company registered under the Companies Act 1956, having its registered office at ………….. acting through Shri………. Authorised signatory (hereinafter called the ‘OSP’ which expression shall unless repugnant to the context, include its successors in business, administrators, liquidators, legal representatives and permitted assigns) of the SECOND PARTY.
/*In the above paragraph, the details of the company are to be be placed. Therefore it would be better for you to get the documents proving the same ready*/
- WHEREAS the Department of Telecommunications has the authority to register OSPs, under the Executive Instruction of the President of India.
ii) AND WHEREAS the OSP is having / proposes to set up an Domestic/International OSP Center at …………………………… vide Registration No ……………dated ……………. as per the terms and conditions of Registration.
iii) AND NOW WHEREAS the OSP has requested for “Work From Home” Facility.
Whereupon and in pursuance to the said request, the Authority has agreed to Register the OSP for “Work From Home” Facility (hereinafter called the ‘facility’) as per terms & conditions for Other Service provider category as described in SCHEDULE appended hereto.
/*Term and conditions associated with availing The “Work from home facility”*/
NOW THE PARTIES HERETO AGREE AS FOLLOWS:
- Registration for such facility (i.e. “Work From Home” Facility) shall be valid for a period of 3 years. This may be extended for a further period of maximum 3 years after expiry.
- The registration will be effective from the date of signing of this Agreement and the agreement shall remain valid till the validity of registration.
- OSP hereby agrees and unequivocally undertakes to fully comply with all the terms and conditions as described in schedule appended hereto and shall be binding hereinafter on the OSP. Further, the OSP agrees:
- to the exclusive use of home agents as Extended Agent Position;
- that the agents at home shall be treated as Extended Agent Position of the call centre and interconnection is permitted through authorized service Providers Provisioned (secured) VPN (PPVPN) which have pre defined locations i.e. home of the agents and OSP centre as VPN sites. Over and above PPVPN, the OSP may use their own security mechanism like Authentication, Authorization and Accounting. Such work from home facility shall be limited to the SSA of the OSP Centre and adjoining SSAs; and
- that the Authority shall have the right to carry out periodic/surprise inspections of such establishment.
- OSP shall ensure that the system logs are tamper-proof and system logs are preserved at least for six months. The Authority reserves the right to call for these system logs on demand and also inspect at site.
- OSP agrees to submit a security deposit in the form of a Bank Guarantee for Rs. 1 Crore (Rupees One Crore) in favour of the Department of Telecommunications for the period of such registration in the prescribed format.
- For extension of registration period beyond 3 years, the OSP shall submit such request for extension alongwith extended validity period of Bank Guarantee, 60 days prior to the expiry date, failing which the registration will lapse without notice.
- The authority reserves the right to carry out the audit periodically or whenever desires so.
- The Authority shall have the right to forfeit the security deposit, in case of violation of any of the Terms & Conditions for Other Service Provider category in the Schedule appended hereto, identified to it’s satisfaction. The OSP shall be liable for any violation of the said terms & conditions by anyone including but not limited to it’s employees/home agents. The authority reserves the right to take appropriate action including cancellation of the registrations held by OSP and the company shall be debarred from taking OSP registration for 3 years from the date of cancellation of such registration.
- The Directors of the board of a company violating OSP terms and conditions shall be debarred for 3 years from taking OSP registration directly or indirectly.
- OSP agrees that any information furnished above, if proved incorrect or false will render OSP liable for any penal action or other consequences as may be prescribed in law or otherwise warranted.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF the parties hereto have caused this Agreement to be executed through their respective authorised representatives on the _________(day) __________(month), ______(year).
Signed for and on behalf of Signed on __/___/_____, on
President of India Behalf of
(Name and Designation), (Name and Designation),
Director/ADG, TERM Cell,............... authorised signatory and holder of General Power of Attorney dated __________, executed in accordance with the Resolution No. _________ ___________________, dated ___________ passed by the Board of Directors.
In the presence of:
Occupation. Address Place.
Occupation. Address Place.
/*You can already guess that authorized signatories that you have given the power to can get involved with the whole process. Therefore, make sure that you have the proper documents for this ready at all times. */
This is the format that you need to take into account. However, you need to keep in mind the following matters as well:
- Make sure that you are filling the forms correctly
- Ensure that you are completely ready to ask for the Work From home facility
- Let the right experts handle this type of job.