Digital signature certificate is a digital key for the security of the identity holder. It is also an electronic certification issued by Certifying Authority (CA). DSC contains identity which includes name, email, country, APNIC account name and the public key. This is not only the electronic certificate but also the extra data holder in addition where it is used to make it more authentic and secured.�
DSC uses a Public Key Infrastructure means data that has been digitally signed or encrypted by a private key. This can only be decrypted by its corresponding public key. It is a digital certificate which can also be used in form of �credit card" that establishes credentials in business or other transactions on the internet. It is valid for only 2 years after it should be renewed.
Features of Digital Signature Certificate.
- DSC can be accepted for IFFCO, Northern Railway, MCA 21, E-filing, E �tendering.
- Different levels securities are provided according to different Classes.
- MCA-21 companies are considered under class-2.MCA-21 decreases paperwork in the corporate world.DSC token for class 2 is also used in company registration, Income tax returning, LLP registration and IE code registration.
- It can also access secured zones of websites where member login is required.
- Ensure confidentiality and the messages that can only be read by authorized intended recipients.
- Ensures that the content of the mail does not tamper in the transit and the mail received by the receiver is the same what you have sent.
- Verifies date and time so that senders or recipients can not dispute if the message was actually sent or received.
- DSC has increased e-filing with MCA for directors, professionals and financial institutes.
- E-Returning requires digital signatures though they are not mandatory but it saves the hassle of physically sending the documents to department if digitally signed.
- DSC easily admissible in a Court of Law as provided under the provisions of IT Act, 2000.
Components of DSC
Public key: Key used for the verification process. Anyone can have a copy of it.
Name and email id: Needed contact information purposes and to enable the viewer to identify the details.
Public key expiry date: It is used to set a shelf life and ensures that in the event of prolonged abuse of a signature eventually the signature is reset.
Company name: Identifies company to which signature belongs.
Serial number of the digital identity: It is a unique number that is bundled to the signature for tracking ad extra identification reasons.
Digital signature of the CA (Certification Authority):� Signature that is issued by the authority that issues the certificates. There are three different classes Class 1, Class 2 and Class 3.
Advantages of DSC
Improvement in Customer Relationships- People have become used to with online business. Modernize the system and keep you up to date. No need to download or install.Internet can provide with this service of signing.�
Reduction in cost- Direct form of savings is an encouragement to less paperwork. Negligible shipping cost.Indirect savings includes time-saving which can be spent in filing documents, rekeying data, searching for lost documents or tracking down a contract that�s been lost in the mail.�
Faster payments-� Executed quickly for contract and easy to sign multiple documents. When first person signs the software automatically routes documents to the next signer in the workflow.
Document of the system gets an upgrade - Advanced software system can safeguard your documents with a high level of document security and evidence.
Steps to register for DSC
- Download and fill the application form available the website.
- Attach the PAN, Id proof, Address proof.
- Confirm the email address.
- Sign in the Application Form and Subscriber's Agreement.
- Payment can be done DD/Cheque and other banking methods.
- Receive the Confirmation
- Copy of PAN card.
- Copy of Id proof (Aadhar Card, DL, Voter id, passport)
- Copy of address proof(Electricity bills and Phone bills)
Digital signature certificate is much faster than the non digital form .Comparing with all other digital form gives the maximum outcome. Digital form can be effortlessly traced and can be accessed in few minutes. Sign cannot be fake it can be automatically traced. Digital Signature� is very eco-friendly .