Documents Required for Company Registration
A Private Limited company registration can have both the foreign and Indian Individuals as directors of the company. The documents that they required are nominally different from each other.
- The very first thing that is needed is the identity proof: It is the same for both national and foreign directors. The ID proofs can be the following:
- Voter ID
- Driving License
- Aadhaar Card
- Passport (In case of foreign nationals, this is necessary).
- PAN card: PAN card or Permanent Account Number (PAN) is one of the most important documents needed prior to filing for company registration.
- The address proof: The documents pertaining to that can be the following:
- Bank statements that are not more than 6 months old.
- Utility Bills that are not more than 2months old,
- The residential proof should not be more than 1year old for the case of foreign nationals,
- Proof of the registered office: This proof would entail the following documents:
- Registration proof of the office that also contains the name of the company.
- Rent agreement if the office space is on rent.
Furthermore, as for the shareholders of the company, their identity and the address proof would also be needed. Now, a shareholder can also be a corporate entity (a company in itself). To that end, you would need to attach their certificate of incorporation in the required documents as well.
Foreign v/s Indian directors
When it comes to the matter of required documents, you can already guess the documents required for it are only slightly different. This difference is also emphasized in the manner in which the documents are to be used.
- The passport is necessary when it comes to foreign directors. However, when it comes to Indian directors, this document is only optional.
- As for the address proof, the utility bills required by the foreign nationals are needed to be at most 1 year old.
You can see that the caveats associated with foreign directors make a lot of the required documents quite a necessity. Make sure that if you are from a foreign land, you have access to the documents to make sure that your company is registered.
These are the documents that are needed prior to initiating the registration process. Accumulating the correct documents would follow through when the application is filled. Furthermore, it would also help with making sure the Registrar of Companies does not give you much trouble.